You are in for a real treat this episode!My guest is a very successful entrepreneur and absolutely top guy who travel’s to exotic locations while living his life on purpose helping people all over the world. Awesome!
Tom Cronin is a mate of mine from my hometown Bondi Beach Sydney Australia. Tom and I regularly see each other at the beach at first light where we both do our morning ritual (which we share with you during the show).
Tom was at the top of his game in finance for 26 years. Throughout this time Tom practiced meditation and stillness daily, which he says helped him to be so successful in such a high-pressure environment for so long.
Tom’s passion and belief in meditation saw him leave his multi six figure job behind to ‘to spread Stillness across the globe’ through his business The Stillness Project.
Now, let me tell you, The Stillness Project ain’t some small time meditation class folks. Tom is one savvy operator who has built a sophisticated multi-layered business that has world wide reach. In just a few short years Tom has built a number of revenue streams, a massive profile and a solid social media following. The best part is Tom shares how he did it during the show!
Gold Nuggets (AKA – Key Learnings) from this episode
- Practice stillness (AKA, meditation) daily to unwind from the stressors of modern life and unleash unlimited amounts of creativity.
- Operate your day from a place of fulfilment and abundance rather than achievement and lack (fear).
- Develop a multi-layered business model with products and services at price points ranging from low to high. By doing this you will be able to provide a solution for more people which will in turn ensure your business is sustainable ad profitable.
- We spend what we earn. If you are transitioning from a high paying job into building your own business you need to consolidate and reduce your cost of living (I highly recommend IndonesiaJ).
- When building a new business don’t over capitalise. Be OK with going a little slower to test and measure before making further investment.
- Knowledge is power. Never stop learning. Attend conferences and seminars to fast track your learning.
- You don’t need to spend thousands to learn new skills. Everything you want can be found online for a few bucks.
- Leverage social media. Look after your followers by delivering value consistently.
- Execution is everything!
Links and Resources mentioned in the show
This episode comes to you from a small Indonesian island, where Monika and I have relocated to for much of the year. Oh yeah, we’ve gone off the grid! Loving it!
After years of hard work building businesses I’m proud to say that I’m in a position that I can now run my business remotely. With financial freedom and lifestyle as my top priorities I feel blessed to have this opportunity.
I look forward to sharing with you many of my experiences throughout the year. I’ll interview entrepreneurs who have chosen to build businesses and enjoy an amazing lifestyle abroad, and show you how accessible living a life that truly rocks really is.
I plan on doing some writing and video while I’m travelling which I can’t wait to share with you. So I can do this as well as taking some time out to enjoy this beautiful island the A Business That Rocks podcast will air every two weeks, instead of weekly.
Thank for listening
Thanks for listening to the show. I hope you found it valuable. If you did, I’d really appreciate it if you would leave a review on iTunes, as it will help our rankings and allow me to help more people to grow businesses that rocks!
It would also be awesome if you share this episode using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
If you haven’t already make sure you subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
I want to make this show the best it can be so if you have any tips or suggestion of how I could make the show better or anything that you’d like to hear on the show please leave a comment below. I read every single one.
If you want to email me I’d love to hear from you [email protected]